Tuesday 22 April 2014

Beauty Review: Avon Limoncello Nail Enamel

I've found that by far the best, and easiest, way to brighten up your day is to add a little colour to your life - or just to your nails is fine. Avon's new Limoncello shade of gel finish nail enamel is like bottled sunshine - and it's been awarded 9 out of 10 by the Cosmo beauty team.

New out this month, I managed to get my hands on a bottle for the trial price of £3.50 rather than the usual £7 for 12ml. With the promise of a salon style gel finish for a fraction of the cost it would have been rude not to give it a go.

The best point about this product has to be the intense, glossy colour - the worst is that it did take 3 coats to achieve opaque coverage even though it is billed as base coat, protection, shine, colour and top coat all in one - but yellow is always one of those tricky shades. With some products 'guaranteeing' long-lasting results I only have to so much as glance at my nails for the polish to start flaking off, so I was curious how long Avon's gel polish would last. The answer? 2 days. Not bad when I'm constantly typing - tapping and bumping my nails as I go - but alas not quite as long as I'd dared to hope. That said, I would buy this product again. There are still lots more shades to try...

No comments:

Post a Comment