Wednesday 22 January 2014

So Far, Faux Good for Charlotte Simone

How do you keep warm in winter? Well, if you ask the likes of Rita Ora, Sienna Miller or Olivia Palermo it's got to be wrapped up in brightly coloured faux fur. Charlotte Simone faux fur scarves and hoods are fast gathering a cult following, and Rita Ora loves her 'Popsicle' stole (£298) so much she's even been roped in to front the campaign. Not bad for a girl who was still studying at NYU 18 months ago.

Speaking to Vogue designer Charlotte Beecham said: 'I really wanted to do a product that I believed in. Nice quality faux fur, that wears well and looks luxurious, is very expensive, and while I understand that some people choose fake fur rather than real as a lifestyle choice, I really didn't want to offer it just as a cheap alternative. It needed to be as beautiful as real fur - and in some styles it actually looks better.'

Charlotte prides herself that each of her designs can be worn  in several different ways, meaning they have the potential to appeal to lots of different women - whether that's Rita Ora or her mum.

Add my name to the fan club - I want one!




No comments:

Post a Comment