Wednesday 29 May 2013

Tie Dye For

Who'd have ever thought the hippie earth mother favourite that is tie dye could take you from boardroom to beach to bar? I certainly didn't - until now...

When I was at Sixth Form the Young Enterprise club came up with the idea of selling tie dye t-shirts in a bid to raise funds for the yearbook and prom - sadly I don't think they actually sold any (although feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). The thing is tie dye has always had a slightly bad rep, only really appealing to surf dudes and hippies, but with this whole 90s revival going on at the moment it's currently riding on the crest of a wave.

Celeb swimwear favourite, Vix have a tie dye bikini that will earn you serious style points on the beach this summer, whilst Boy by Band of Outsiders have taken the somewhat surprising step of unleashing tie dye on to tailoring - but somehow it works.

Of course the high street is flooded with more affordable options, and I love the ASOS Cold Shoulder dress, £28 (pictured above left). It also comes in Curve and Maternity styles, so it looks like there really could be a tie dye option for everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment