Tuesday 8 June 2010

Sportsluxe


My first job after finishing Uni was in a sports shop, where I worked part-time whilst trying to make it as a writer. Aside from dealing with awkward customers and kids who thought it was OK to play football down the aisles, the worse part was having to wear a uniform of jogging bottoms and a hoody - hardly the most flattering look! Say the word 'tracksuit' and images of Vicky Pollard and Waynetta Slob instantly spring to mind. They may be comfortable, but I just felt scruffy. Since leaving the last thing I have wanted to wear is anything remotely sporty, but if anyone can bring me round it's Isabel Marant. The soft tailoring, muted colour palette and killer heels (not trainers!) give a relaxed sophistication to sweat pants I doubted was possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment