Monday 7 June 2010

Future Vintage

My wardrobe has long since reached its capacity and is now at bursting point. The truth is that I'm a bit of a hoarder. Clothes carry a sentimental value - you remember the particular outfit you wore to that amazing party, or who bought an item for you. Plus, it almost seems an inevitability that things you no longer wear will come back into fashion one day. My Mum always tells me about her leather trench coat, yellow clogs and countless other items that I wish she had kept, but were packed off to charity shops long ago.



If I insist on keeping hold of so many items, I decided the least I could do was tidy up the mess, rather than leave an ever increasing pile of clothes on my bedroom floor. Rummaging around the bottom of my wardrobe in a vain attempt to create more space, I found a pair of my Sister's old sandals that had been handed down to me for playing dress-up. Back in the late '80s/ early '90s our family holidays were spent in Yugoslavia. All of the local waitresses used to wear these shoes, and my Sister couldn't leave without getting herself a pair. They now not only fit me properly, but the lace-up, peep-toe wedges are similar to designs in the shops at the moment. American Retro have got these (pictured right) for £140, available at Urban Outfitters. Hoarding really does sometimes pay off!






No comments:

Post a Comment