Friday 14 March 2014

Don't Shop, Swap!

I'm the first person to admit that I shop way too much, but I've just found a great way to a). Update my wardrobe, and b). Have a fun night with friends - all without spending any money! How? I hear you cry... by having a clothes swapping party! It's the perfect time of year to clear out the closet for a fresh start - but this time around before my cast offs got sent to the charity shop, they were passed around various friends and family members whilst we all enjoyed a glass of wine of two. One girl's trash is another girl's treasure!

My niece particularly enjoyed rifling through the piles of clothes and handing items out to whoever she thought would like them, and I came away with a dress, a sweater, two cardigans and two running tops. Not bad for a night out. It worked particularly well because there was quite a few of us - so even though there were ladies of different shapes, sizes, ages and tastes, there was still something for everyone. Whatever remained unclaimed at the end of the night then became a bumper donation for the local charity shop the next morning - everyone's a winner. I'd definitely recommend organising a swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment