Tuesday 5 June 2012

A Right Royal Weekend

The bunting was out and so were the crowds as the nation prepared to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee weekend. From my (not so prime) position on Chelsea Embankment I attempted to see the flotilla pass by - and got pushed, shoved and my hair pulled in the process, but it was still well worth going along to mark such an historic occasion.



As the Royal Barge, The Spirit of Chartwell, came into view everyone surged forward and held their cameras in the air blocking my view entirely - but by climbing on a barrier I made sure I got the glimpse I'd been waiting a fair few hours for. Kate's choice of bright red Alexander McQueen dress ensured everyone could spot her on board and I could just make out a royal wave from the Queen herself. Sadly my photos are very blurry - but at least I can identify who's who.

The highlight of my 4 day weekend? It has to be standing in The Mall for the Jubilee concert. The atmosphere was amazing even during the build up. Whoever was in charge of the big screen footage has my thanks for keeping the camera fixed directly on Prince Harry. Then the concert began with Robbie Williams - cue hysteric screams from yours truly. One was most definitely entertained thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment